Baker's Gas and Welding was founded in 1936 by Harold and Dorothy Baker. Harold and Dorothy jointly operated the business until the death of Harold in 1961. In 1961, Pete (Dale) Klemz and Lyle Hill were added to the management team of Baker's Gas. Pete Klemz was active in all areas of the company's operation. He was responsible for the implementation of many innovative ideas. He implemented our cylinder filling facility and introduced our bulk station program at customers sites. Pete rose to the rank of president and was responsible for all areas of operations in the company. Pete was serving as President upon his untimely death in a boating accident in 1988.